"Peter Forest" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I don't want and need another mailing list only for coupons...

Understood -- you already have one on your web site. Someone else thought
you were saying you didn't want to use a mailing list besides MD-L, but
you meant you already had one of your own on your web site and didn't
need the one they had set up. I understood.

>Also, I don't think that MD user of this list will want to subscribe to
>another list...

But according to Jim, filtering message is incredibly easy. In fact, I
think Jim posted instructions for several email clients. I wouldn't worry
about inconveniencing people. If you are worrying about that... oh, never
mind ;-)

>I will do the advertisement like everyone told me to do it... With a short
>title and a brief message with the coupons or discounts informations...

Actually, only two people suggested that way, and it was only one of
several alternative that were proposed. Many more people have said not to
do it at all. If you want to post your ads, that is entirely your right,
but if you're truly trying to listen to what people are saying, the
majority of those who have voiced an opinion on the list are against
posting the advertisements at all (and yes, it is the majority -- I
counted <grin>)

Another thing you should consider is the type of impression you are
giving potential customers -- based on the feedback on the list, you're
alienating a large number of people who might have otherwise purchased
from you, simply because of your large number of commercial posts and
your apparent unwillingness to use your own mailing list, that you have
already set up, to post them. I have suggested a fair proposal, that
would help everyone and inconvenience no one, several times. What is it
that you don't like about that idea? (Honest question).