Dan Frakes wrote:
> Another thing you should consider is the type of impression you are
> giving potential customers -- based on the feedback on the list,
> you're alienating a large number of people who might have otherwise
> purchased from you, simply because of your large number of
> commercial posts and your apparent unwillingness to use your own
> mailing list, that you have already set up, to post them.

I think Dan is right, Peter..
I understand you would rather use your own mailinglist than the one I set up for you.
All I did was try to help you, to prevent this from happening. Because when you look
back on the discussion from the past week, I think you annoyed a lot of people that
might have subscribed to your coupon list, and are now annoyed by the fact that you
are trying to push it down their throats, and just want to ignore all this, and get
back on topic.

Some people gave you some ideas you could use, to keep every on your side. Please
accept that some people just want to keep this list to what it was meant to be for
when it wsa set up. Which is to provide a discussion forum on MiniDisc, and for
newbies on MD (like myself..) to get some general information, and ask their
questions..

Still Spam=Spam, and there are plenty of websites where you can subscribe yourself to
commercially interesting mailinglist.
I have not (yet) seen any list that provides information on coupons,
and bargains etc.. So it would be a very good idea to start one,
and once in a while advertise it here by putting it in your signature or something.

I'd say to ban you from this list is a bit extreme, since you have the right to be on
it as well. But this with the condition that you behave, not be rude, and very
important; that you do not use this list for any other purpose than to discuss
MiniDisc topics with other subscribers, and NOT to advertise for free in a big
MD-community...

IMHO this is where the border needs to be drawn, and if you live b these rules, no one
will complain if they see an advertisement for your site or mailinglist once in a
while..

Cheers,

Ralph.