Dear all

As has happened in the past, the amount of traffic on this list
discussing the merits of a certain type of posting has exceeded the
volume of the original posting which caused such discussion.

I regret having to do this, but I am going to filter postings related
to this topic until things die down a bit.

For what it's worth (and returning to the original objection), I believe
advertising postings are acceptable on the proviso that they are not
generally intrusive and sensitive the main purpose of the list. I would
happily consider regulating all advertising if I felt the bounds were
being over-stepped by one or two commercial subscribers.

So please, can everyone get back to the sort of discussions that
normally prevail and the commercial organizations that provoked the
debate might like to consider the reaction so far and reflect on their
future use of what, by and large, is a useful resource.

Thanks

Nick

(List Admin)

--
Nick Perry | LONDON N1, UK               | MiniDisc Community Pages