David,

I think Bernard wanted to know how he could change the output from the JE530
from analog to digital. I don't know the JE530 so I can't help him

Cheers,
Ralph

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Bernard asked,
>
> | Although I am using a optical digital cable from my Sony MDS-JE530
> | to my digital amp.
> | The display on the Sony says analog output when a Disk is playing.
>
> If you're talking about the current level display, it will show the analog
> output adjustment (which ranges from 20 dB to 0 dB to be subtracted from the
> stored levels on the disc if the 530 is like the 520) during playback.
>
> Digital output is always at the levels recorded on the disc, so only the
> analog output has an adjustable level.  Remember that there is signal from
> both the digital and the analog outputs during playback, so the analog out-
> put is adjustable at all times during playback.  Sometimes the listener is
> interested only in the digital output, but the 530 can't know when that is.
>
> On the other hand, there's no display of the digital output adjustment.  The
> digital output level is not adjustable, so there's nothing to show.
>
> | how do I change this , I cant find any way to do it ?
>
> There's nothing to change except your expectations.  If you want to adjust
> the level of the digital signal reaching the amplifier, you have to do that
> at the amplifier.

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE
  "For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then
   something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination:
   We learned to talk."
                -- Stephen Hawking, later used by Pink Floyd --