Ralph wrote,

| I think Bernard wanted to know how he could change the output from the JE530
| from analog to digital. I don't know the JE530 so I can't help him

We'll have to hear from Bernard to know for sure, but I doubt that.  He was
getting digital output, or he'd have said something about that.

But if that was his question, Ralph, it's a non-issue.  The RCA jack analog
output, the headphone output, and the digital output are all active during
playback. There's no selecting among them; you get all three at once.

Bernard said that the LED display had something about the analog output when
he was using the digital output.  I was explaining that during playback there
is nothing to display about the digital output: it's always active at 0 dB
adjustment from the levels stored on the disc, but the analog output is ac-
tive also, and it has an adjustable level, so the display gives the current
analog output adjustment.