Interestingly enough, I got his reply before I got your message, through
the list.

Having said that, and noting that you've now filtered him, I'll
paraphrase his reply:

He wasn't advertising...he was replying to a previous message with places
the guy could get the same unit he'd found on buy.com, and for a better
price.

And none of the links he provided were to his own store.

If you're going to condemn the guy, at least make sure you're condeming
the guy for the right thing.