Someone wrote:
> << currently is selling the Sony MZR37 minidisc for  $129. >>
> Thanks for the tip,I even offered them 125 and they took it,and with my first
> time buyer thing..........what a deal...........now, what about a
> mike.........?........thanks, john

Wow what a deal.  Here is a great mike that you can build for about
$10.  I use it all the time even though I have several more expensive
mikes.  http://www.tir.com/~liteways/Mandolin.html#Microphone

back to the Minidisc sale, the address is http://www.mercata.com  search
for minidisc or R37 First time buyers get 20% or $25 off too.

Hi minidiscs anonymous
My name is Jim I am a Minidisc owner.  It all started when Jon
mentioned Minidisc recorders a few years back.  I looked into them...
bought a Minidisc home deck recorder.  It was great, except it was too
hard to lug at around to band practice, carry a preamp for my stage mike
and set the whole thing up, but it is was the cat's pajamas for editing
the recording I made.  I could record a whole radio program and then go
back and erase all the news casts and have a great mix to listen to.  I
could record band practices and get 149 minutes on one disc if I wanted
too.  I  one case, a friend wrote a fiddle tune.  I had her play it
while I recorded it. At the end of the first time through she stopped
and asked me if I wasn't going to play along. I picked up the mandolin
and played along with her still recording everything.  I then erased the
talking in the middle and I was able to do it accurately enough that her
solo and the part with my accompaniment were seamless.  However, the
deck just was too big to lug around.  I bought a Sony R30 portable,
great unit cept I needed a mike  I tried several mikes and decided to
design my own.  I wanted something that was small, had good quality, was
convenient and could record in stereo.  Here is the mike I designed
http://www.tir.com/~liteways/Mandolin.html#Microphone  Several people
have built the mike. A DAT recording club in california published my
plans in their newsletter, and it is listed as a construction project on
the MINIDISC community construction project page.

Let repeat that mantra.....

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways