>I have been reading about this copy protection & would like to no if I wass
>to record a mix off the radio and put the track markers in etc could I then
>copy ot to another MD digitally and keep the markers like when you record
>from a cd? I know I can't make copys from the copy.

If you're recording in analogue, then the MD will be "11" or SCMS
restricted (ie. you can take a further copy). A subsequent digital copy of
that MD will be "10" or SCMS prohibited (ie. you can't record another copy
from it).

Short version: yes, it'll work from MD1 (radio->MD) to MD2 (MD->MD) and
keep the trackmarks.

>If the above works could I also record from A LP2 md (My unit suports it) to
>standard stereo and keep markers etc.

Not sure but I'd assume that's the case as the LP players
wouldn't/shouldn't do SCMS any differently.

hth,

--
Simon