At 10/11/00 7:42 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] increased the world's knowledge
by typing:

>I need reasonable frequency
>response and dynamic range to record this without break-up, but most
>loud sounds will be fleeting, unlike a continuous loud concert. I'd say
>$300 at the very most I'd be willing to budget. I suppose I'll need the
>battery box and use the line input? Any suggestions?

I bought a Sony ECM-MS957 about 2 weeks ago from Globe Mart
<http://www.globe-mart.com/> for about $228. I've been very impressed
with it. You can check out the specs at Sony's web site
<http://www.sony.com/> and see if it meets your needs.

 Ed "What the" Heckman                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]