[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> need to purchase binaural mics. At $950 the Core high end models are out
> of the question. How about the middle end Core's etc.? Should I be

I have the middle end Core's.  They sound very good, and can handle very
high SPL's.  They are a bit noisy, however.  If they are noisier than
other manufacturers models, I couldn't tell you.  And of course, how
much noise is too much?  If you're out recording bird songs in a meadow,
they might be too noisy.

But they have a money back guarantee.  So I would say buy them and try
them.  If they don't suit your needs just send 'em back.

-steve