Don't through out your money on Sony batteries.  Buy Rayovacs at Wal-Mart.  A 4
pack cost about $10.

If your player allows you to recharge them in the unit, you will probably have
to strip about a half inch of the bottom of the label off of the battery.  The
screw you Sony batteries usually set it up so that they have a third contact for
charging which makes contact with the lower eighth of the battery.

I use a Radio Shack one hour NiMH charger.  They cost about $30 for the one hour
model (slower ones are less).  You can also by a Ravovac charger.  Cheap, but
slow.

Sam's club had a set of AA AAA and a charger (Energizer brand) batteries on sale
the last time I was in.  I think the entire set was bout $25 dollars.

Why not Sony??  First, hard to find.  Second, you will probably pay $10 to $20
for each battery!!

Radio Shack sells them too, but their price is too high.  The Sony's claim (on
the label) to be 1400 mAh.  The Rayovacs used to say 1200, but the new ones say
1300.  I think that they are all about the same.  They are just playing games
with the numbers.

Larry