Richard Lang wrote:

> I don't see why you'd use non-rechargeables except in an emergency - once
> you've spent the initial outlay (a charger and a few batteries) you're
> basically running your MD walkman free of cost (at least until you've
> charged and drained all your AAs 1-2000 times each!)

Why don't they lower the power requirements so that MD recorders can accept 2
AAA batteries?  Then they could make the units as small as they are now and not
have to play with gum packs.  The gum packs are very expensive and I have had
nothing but bad experiences with the Li Ion versions lasting over a year or 2.

The NiMH come in AAAs.

Larry