Kenwood, when they renamed themselves Kenwood and came up with a new image,
found out from market research that a lot of us - the younger crowd, if
noone else - don't really care that much about sound quality.  This was 20
years ago.

This may explain why Kenwood is where they are today, while Sansui (who was
in equal footing 20 years ago) has turned into driftwood.

I've gone back to my SP equipments frequently, because I don't perceive LP2
to be as full-bodied as SP.

But that's just me, and it's most likely the preference of one analog stage
over another (amp, etc).  MDLP is great, hands down. Because of it, MD now
has so much advantage over solid-state audio (memory stick, etc).

Sharp now has a MDLP boombox.  Still no news of portables, but those would
probably be on the replacement to the 831/2 and 531/2 (these are still in
production. MT/ST66 are here to form a second line of products).

Leon