Right then. Two main questions. I'm still trying to decide which
ear-buds to get for my 831. I saw some Sony MDR-EX70s at the Sony
shop in the Manchester Trafford Centre yesterday for 35 UK pounds.
But there is little in the way of reviews about them on the net. What
are they like? Do they sound good?  Are they comfortable? By being
'in-the-ear' earbuds, do they actually block out much of the outside
noise? Is this likely to damage my hearing? Is there anywhere I can
buy them cheaper on the net? (bearing in mind that I live in the UK)
The shop assistant (who, admittedly, seemed to know little about
ear-buds) told me to get the 268s (for the same price) but was unable
to explain why they would be better.

        Secondly, the battery life on my 831 isn't (and never has been) what
was claimed. I've had it about 5 months. I usually get around 7
hours before it conks out. Fair enough, I never expected to get the
full 14 hours, since the manafacturers always exaggerate. However,
gettting 50% of the claimed battery life just isn't good enough.
Is this typical of the 831? If not, are there any 'recharging-tricks'
I could use to heal my battery, or should I just send it back to
Sharp and demand a new battery? (Incidentally, I am sure there is
nothing wrong with the power consumption of the 831 unit itself since
I get the full 'wack' with the AA battery attachment).
        Thanks
        Robin.

PS. As a somewhat pendantic post-script has anyone else noticed the
mini-disc related error in the 2001 edition of the Guiness Book of
Records? Claiming that the Sony MZR-55 is the world thinnest minidisc
recorder, at only 6mm!!!