Hello again,

I have a correction, I actually have a Sony MZ-R70.  To reiterate what I said
earlier, I used it to record a concert.  While playing back the concert, at
about 3/4 through, the minidisc seems to pause for no reason for about 5-10
seconds then starts playing again.  Is the minidisc  defective?  They were
Sony minidisc's so I figured they were good quality, and I just bought them
recently.

One other problem I have had with it:  I was recording a live concert which
was 2 hours in length.  When I switched to a fresh minidisc after recording
for about 70 minutes, I also switched to a brand new battery.  The battery
worked fine for about 5-10 minutes (and the display showed a fully charged
battery), but then the power cut off completely and the screen went blank.  I
removed and re-inserted the battery several times and the same thing would
happen each time, including once in a while showing the battery icon as being
low power (remember this was 5 minutes after the battery had been shown as
having full power).  This scenario has happened to me twice with my minidisc
recorder.  My friend suggests that I have a defective Minidisc recorder, and
it is somehow overheating, leading to this strange activity despite brand new
batteries.  Any ideas?  I have heard good things about the MZ-R70 so I am
surprised I am having so many problems.  (I use a lapel microphone with its
own battery while recording, plugged into the LINE IN input.  It is a $40
microphone.  Could it be the problem, since it was so cheap?)

Thanks for any help.

Please reply in email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]