I've finally replaced my Creative Labs CD burner with a drive which
actually works, the Ricoh MP9060A which can burn CD-R at up to 6x.
My question is, assuming the PC can get the data to the drive quick
enough to avoid under-runs (which it can) is there any disadvantage to
burning at 6x (the discs I have are rated for up to 8x burning) rather
than 4x?
I'd rather not go back to 2x burning but would a slightly slower than
max speed; 4x rather than 6x give better more readable discs and be
worth the extra six or so minutes needed.

Yours,
PrinceGaz.