On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, las wrote:

> "J. van de Griek" wrote:
>

> > You didn;t see that noted because it's hogwash.
> >
> > Burn your audio CD's as fast as you want, your CD player will still play
> > them at 1x speed, since that's what it's designed to do.
> >
> > That's right.  I wonder where Mike got that one from?  I think that he has
> > either MP3 files or something mixed up with standard audio wave files.

I don't burn MP3s to CD...waste of resources, IMO, since I don't have a
CD player capable of playing MP3s...only standard CDs.

Where I "got that one from" was experience...I burned a couple of audio
CDs (copying an audio CD in my CD-ROM drive to a CD-R in my burner) at 2x
(maximum speed of my burner), and my Pioneer 6-disc changer in the next
room could not play the CD.  Any CD-ROM in the house could (and I have a
number of systems to choose from in that regard), but no CD player.

When I burned new copies of the same CDs at 1x, they worked fine in any
CD *player* I own, as well as the various CD-ROM drives.