* James Jarvie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Tue, 07 Nov 2000
| I would like something easy to operate, and free wouldn't hurt either.

Well, if you're willing to go the Linux/FreeBSD route, you can use
cdrecord, cdrdao, or xcdroast.

If you are going to stick with Windows then none of the good ones are free,
but both CDRWIN and Nero are excelent products and cost around $50 each.

Recent versions of xcdroast and both of the Windows programs can skip the
image creation step.  But I do not know if your machine is fast enough to
write discs if you do that.

And FWIW, an el cheapo Pentium III machine can be had for less than $400.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and