when we talk about "digital" or "analog" recording , we talk about the method
to transfer the music. Digital---> S/PDIF (coaxial cable) and TosLink
(optical)
                 Analog---> analog cable (RCA or mini-jack)

Whatever type of cable you use, the music will be digitally recorded on the
disc. The only difference is that when you use digital cables, you do not
pass through digital/analog then analog digital conversion hence less
artifacts. When you record with analog cable, you pass through D/A-A/D
conversion. But nowadays, analogue recordings are excellent ( I've made a lot
of them cause they have the advantage to allow a second-generation digital
copy (or more but in this case you need a scms stripper).
Cedric a *crit :