=== The original message was multipart MIME            ===
 === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Antoine Despujols=20
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]=20
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2000 1:49 AM
Subject: question to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I put a message in the minidisc forum untitled like that : How do I know =
if my CDROM drive has a digital output? If it doesn't, do I need the =
Xitel Storm Platinum?

Thanks a lot for your answer ! I'd like to ask you a few more questions.

This was my question last time :

> I'm very interested in buying the Xitel Storm Platinum sound card that =
has
> got a digital output. Although I have a few MP3's on my computer, it =
is more
> to record from CD to minidisc than from MP3 to minidisc. So I if my =
CDROM
> drive doesn't have any digital output, there is no point buying a =
digital
> out soundcard because it would be analogue recording. Am I right ? If =
so,

I asked this question in another forum and I got 2 different answers :

> Sort of. The most direct way is as you describe -- connect the digital
> output of the CDROM drive to the input of the sound card, and record =
from
> there. However, Winamp has a plug-in that does on-the-fly digital =
audio
> extraction -- it plays the CD by reading the digital data directly and
> outputting that to the sound card. So you can use that if your CDROM =
has no digital output.

What do you think about on-the-fly digital audio extraction ? Is it the =
same sound quality with this software than with a completely digital =
computer ?

> Every CD-ROM drive has a digital output, the SCSI, IDE or whatever
> connection will do the digital transfer into your computer. You just
> have to have software to handle it. And a digital out soundcard to =
handle the output.

What do you think about that ?

Thanks

Cedric