>I've got a Sony MZ-R55 portable recordable MiniDisc system, I've also =
>got a digital soundcard on my PC. What I want to know is if there are =
>any programmes out there (preferably free- or shareware) that will allow =
>me to label tracks on recorded MiniDiscs using the computer keyboard. =
>Any information would be very welcome as I'm getting a bit sick of =
>spending good time having to label by scrolling through the characters =
>on the lcd screen.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Nat

The only option I know of is to buy or make the parallel port -> MD
interface that is here : <http://www.bazginge.demon.co.uk/minidisc.html> .
Free plans and software are available if you're competent with a soldering
iron, or they're offered pre-made (and a lot neater) for about $60. It
allows control of the unit from your PC as well as decent titling support,
and I believe allows you to record with trackmarks in place and no gaps (as
the normal remote has a trackmark button that the software can "press" as
you change tracks).

hth,

--
Simon