I may be wrong but I think the tape units are more unreliable. They have
to have rubber band belts, motors, reversing machanical linkage, tape
heads that get dirty and get magnetized.  A CD player or a MD player
doesn't have a magnetic head to get magnetized, and I don't think they
have rubber band belts either. Bottom line I think is there are less
mechanical parts to krap out on a CD or MD player.

It is really neat having a jack to plug my MD into the Aiwa CD unit,
instead of having to use a cassette adaptor.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways