I have a Sharp MT-15.  I have had no particular
prejudice against Sharp; if anything I have a
prejudice against Sony - but that's more in the area
of reliability.  I have been noticing for awhile that
the Sharp is noticeably lacking in the highs (and,
conversely the bass is too boomy).  I always have to
boost the hight frequencies on my amp (or head unit)
when I use the MT-15.

I admit that I haven't done any blind listening tests.
 How would I? No one to do them with.  My wife could
care less about this stuff.  But I have been noticing
this same thing, and I wasn't looking for it.

James