>From what I observed Sony had changed the way it market MD in the past 2 years.

When I first saw MD about 10 years ago, it advertised as Compact, Digital Audio, Near
CD sound quality, and most important, Recordable/Editable. As that time Sony is
targetting the audio tape, so that make sense for all that claims. And MD does a good
job and take over most of the market from audio tape.

But what happened in recent years is the new MP3 format which started with a software
only implementation and later got hardware implemented, plus the advancement of memory
technology which end up a price drop. So a MP3 player make sense and most computer
users can easily produce/collect their own MP3 collections.

So we now see Sony kindly offer us USB connection and MDLP which extended the fantasy
of MD. I guess that's toward the Computer users rather than the audio market.

And last, personally I prefer MD. It's easy to record, I just snap in a CD and a MD
then press several buttons. For MP3, I need to go through all those softwares and have
to spare my computer. And for the long run, MD should be cheaper.

Just my 2 cents.

Raymond

How can the folks at Sony be so thick-headed?