A while back I installed EarJam, a free CD recorder that will convert an
MP3 file and record in as music on a CDR.  When I installed it, I
noticed that when it played music, it would stutter now and then, but
the CDR would play ok in what ever machine I played it in including my
Aiwa car CD player.  I also notice that when I would boot my computer,
the music it played in the beginning would stutter too, as well as some
of the tunes I played using Napster.  hmmm.  I also noticed that when I
was surfing the net, and i moved the mouse, I could hear the hard drive
being accessed, .  Puzzling, because I have 64Mb ram and it never didn
that before with only 32 mb ram....  I am running Windows 98, so I
finally got around to running MSCONFIG.EXE to see what was being loaded
at startup.....Low and behold there was a program I didn't recognize..
One called Webhancer.  It was located in the programs folder, so I
looked at it  with windows explorer/  several files were in the folder
and one was a Readme file. I read it and it said something that it was
installed with EarJam and it was reporting my web searching habbits to a
reaserch company annomimuosly....Harumph.

I imediately went to control panel, ran remove and install programs,
found webhancer and uninstalled it.  Guess what... no more stuttering,
no more disk access.

Here is their web site http://www.webhancer.com/site/

Just thought I'd let people know

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways