Hello MD gurus,

I'm new in the MD world and want to use my MD for analog recordings. The idea is to
use a lavalier mic and record a voice from a close distance. I tried an AKG C417 mic
with external power supply (AKG B29). I use it together with a Sony MZ-R55 but ran
into some problems. http://www.akg-acoustics.com/english/microphones/micromic.htm#c417

The mic is kind of dead if I use the mic or line in port. But the microphone works
fine if I first plug it in the line-in port and then when the MD is powered on, switch
to the mic port...

The R55 is not my MD and I will get a Sony MZ-R91 in a couple of weeks. Do you think I
will have the same problem with the R91 or do you guys have a solution for my problem?

TIA,
 /David