Sam Weiss asked,

| I just joined the list, and this was probably covered before.

Yes, it has been, and I've answered it so much that I was hoping someone else
would this time.  No one has, unless there have been some posts where my copy
was lost, so I'll do it now.

| I erased 3 eight minute stereo tracks on a Sony MZ-R37 portable,
| resulting in a blank disc.
| I've not recorded anything on it since. I'm also getting a JVC XU-301
| deck soon.
| I'd appreciate any help you could give me on how to undelete them.

Once the TOC is saved after the deletion, the only means of recovery is to
write a TOC on another disc that includes every address on the entire disc in
an active track and, to clone that TOC to the disc where you made the unin-
tentional (or regretted) deletion, and then to reinsert track marks and
titles as needed.

TOC cloning methods have been found for most Sony decks and some Sharp
portables; check the MiniDisc Community Portal at www.minidisc.org under
"Hacking."  Nobody has shared a method for any Sony portable nor any JVC
unit, though, so you may have to borrow a different MD recorder or visit
someone who owns one.