>CD-RW requires more power than CD-R to read.  Many portable CD players
>cannot read CD-RW.  Same goes for some very old, first generation CD-ROM
>drives, and apparantly a small number of DVD-Video decks.  Again, as I
>said, the fault is the deck, not the media.

Agreed.
Ive also seen this problem b4 on not so old CDROM drives.

Currently.
With some CD Burning software it states that if the CD player you are
going to use to play an Audio CD DOES NOT support CD text and you Burn a CD on
CD-R or CD-RW with the CD text support option turned on then it might not play.

My Girlfriends sony portable CD player is only a year old and will not play
any CD-R's I burn for her. Yet they play fine on every other
deck or even those really cheap players for 30/40 quid.

It worries me a little as in my spare time I write a music/fashion magazine which
I intend to feature a compilation on MD and or CD (CD-R).
I dont want poeple coming back to me with the CD telling me it does not
play on their CD player.
<laughing> Try telling them its not the media after buying my magazine.

Bryan
http://bullets.gothic.ie