The short answer to the track mark via S/PDIF is to insert pauses between the songs
(there are Winamp plugins available)
and use the "auto track" feature of the MD recorder.  The long (more technical) answer
is:  When recording CD to MD,
most of the CD subcode information, in particluar the "Q" bits which contain the front
panel display information including
track number, are transmitted in the "user bits" field of the S/PDIF stream.  The MD
recorder monitors the CD's track
number and generates a track mark on the MD when the CD track number changes.
Interestingly, the CD's "P" subcode
channel *is* a basic track start signal, but the "P" channel is not included in the
S/PDIF stream; the bit when it would have
gone is always set to "1" in the S/PDIF.  I don't know of any drivers that allow
Winamp to emulate the CD subcode, so track
marks have to be inferred from silence.

I suggest looking at the PC <-> MD Transfers board in the Resident Experts section of
Minidiscussion.  We've had this
discussion there already...