jgvp wrote:

> All my McIntosh components are THX approved; however, a not too inexpensive
> THX module is required to be incorporated into the Control Preamplifier in
> order to complete the design and quality control for theatre sound
> reproduction. I have  yet to purchase and have this module installed, so can
> anyone here state whether or not this is being "penny wise, pound foolish",
> if you get my drift ? Thanks.

The best way to decide would be to go to a place like Circuit City and ask to
hear one of their high end receivers that have switch able THX circuits (like
Onkyo).  Listen to the sound in the standard Dolby Digital mode and the THX mode
and see if you feel it is worth it.

Like speakers, you will have to hear them and decide for yourself.  Also, who
old is your receiver?  With the new THX-EX and DTS-ES you may just want to wait
a little while and buy a receiver that has these circuits.

Then you can sell your old stuff on E bay.  You never know how well you will do
on eBay.  I has listed stuff at a very low price just because I wanted to get
rid of them.  At the end of the auction sometimes I have been shocked to see how
much they sold for.

Once the other hand, sometimes stuff that I really thought was worth something
would not move.  But the nice thing about eBay is that their insertion fees are
relatively low and you set the minimum bid.

Larry