Thankyou Francisco for setting the record straight, and offering a link
that supports my layman's explanation. THX certified electronics  offer
" processing" in the way of EQ, and rear correlation as well. "
Processing" is being misunderstood as " steering" or " decoding" only!
EQ and delay qualify as " processing" parameters also. Why on earth
would MacIntosh offer a THX module that has no
"processing".........absurd!
 Let's not rush to judgement that every poster is using terms they don't
understand. " Processing" is not limited to steering, but can include EQ
and delay as well.........thus a THX receiver offers processing
differences that a standard Pro-Logic receiver may not. I simply tried
to explain how these differences applied.
                                             Mark Dottle