>Robin wrote:
>exploded in the last year. I see almost as many people with personal
>minidisc units as cassette walkmans now. Everyone seems to be buying
>And in contrast to the
>US, I've only ever *seen* ONE person actually using a personal MP3
>player, and I certainly don't know anyone who owns one.

Yep ditto here in Ireland.
Everyone seems to have an MD unit these days,
no more "Wow what the hell is that"
or asking for Minidiscs in music stores and being directed to
the old smaller CD's that some singles came in.

Ive seen plenty of MP3 players in shops but have also yet
to meet anyone IRL that actually has one or uses one.

Ive never liked mp3s much but that was because of little things
like Album covers/sleeves etc.

I like being able to walk about with a MD with an album cover
printed on the sleeve and a title written on the disc that you can
see before playing/putting into the unit.
Handier for lending to friends etc.

I think for me it boils down to someone walking into your house
and seeing your music collection of MD/LP/CD and Tapes is more
pleasing to the eye that going to a computer and looking at the
contents of your hardrive full of mp3 files.

Bryan
http://bullets.gothic.ie