On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:42:22 +1100 , "Cramb, Kevin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>A CD-R deck is looking
>likely but would break my heart as I have heaps of MD music.
>Is the new equipment any better?

PMJI, but I don't see a problem.  In my case I have both a cd-rw deck in the hi
fi system (Philips 950) and an MD deck (and portable recorder).  I make copies
of cd's, move mp3 and vinyl to cd-r ... and then copy the stuff I want to take
portable from cd and cd-r's to MD.  I had initially thought I would copy from
vinyl to MD but cd-r is better, cheaper and fits in my home system the best.  MD
is way way better for portability as we all know.  There's a place for both in
my system.

-jts <Arlington, TX>