>  That said, I think in the long term, Minidisc is doomed. As soon as
> someone comes up with a personal MP3 player with integrated IBM
> Microdrive, I think MP3 will have found its 'killer player'. Afterall,
> it'll be *tiny* with massive capacity. In fact, does anyone know this
> hasn't happened already? (And please nobody point out that you *can*
> slot a Microdrive into some PDAs, and then use it to play MP3s. Thats
> clearly not what I meant)
>  Robin.

I sometimes wonder that nobody seems to have come out with an MD drive
for computers. At least not that I've heard of.  I think that if MDs
were used for things other than music, then their advantages (i.e.
cheaper/higher quality than MP3, portability, the way they don't have
tape to jam, etc) may become more apparent to people.

Alas, I guess with the proliferation of Jaz and Zip drives, it is hard
to sell the media as a mega-floppy.  The record industry wouldn't be
happy about it either I suppose, but it is a long time since I've heard
of them being happy about anything they didn't think of.

Just a thought,

Anna