Bob Willcox wrote:

> You can record from a SACD in analog only.  The current crop of SACD
> players don't have digital output (when playing SACDs).  (May never,
> given the recording industries copyright fears.)  They would require a
> converter to convert the DSD data stream into PCM in order to record on
> a PCM device (such as MD).

Or if DSD is really so superior to PCM, the recorders would have to be capable of
"reading" DSD.  Assuming for the moment that DSD (which I have never heard, so I
can't give an opinion about it's relative audio quality) is noticeably superior to
PCM, it would not make sense to convert "down" to PCM.

Larry