On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:08:49 -0600, John Small <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>However the product listing
>reveals several recorders.  I see no time frame mentioned thus far.

I noted on a link to ZDNet that the products will not be shipping to the US
until Oct and that it is read-only, not rw.  And they mention mp3.   Toshiba and
Samsung are mentioned also.  So far nothing particularly exciting from my
viewpoint.

But it makes me wonder why Sony did not tap this market with the MD format.

-jts <Arlington, TX>