It was because I had a Sony Vaio Digital Studio desktop that I ventured into
MDs. Everything you state is wrong with the PC and the MD format does not
happen with my setup. It is certainly much easier than the CD-RW route and
everything including the titling can be done even while you are recording to
MD. Admittedly the Sony software to accomplish all these features on a PC is
not universally available. I only wish it was as simple to accomplish on a
Mac too.