On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:37:54 -0600 (CST), "Shawn R. Lin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Where can I find the best price?  Awhile back someone said Video-Direct
>had them for $140, but they quoted me $160.

Hello Shawn.  I replaced a failed transport in a 510 with a 940.  $320 from
Video Direct.  I had considered the 440 but since the 510 was a low end unit I
figured I might be a similar risk with the 440.  Anyway, the 940 as optical and
coax digital in and out.  In fact two optical ins.  I also wanted this
flexibility.  The 940 has the control A1 II interface, ps/2 keyboard interface
and time record switch.  I am very pleased with it, heavy solid feel (hopefully
more than a lead chassis) and the preformance of LP4 mode for time shifting
radio.  It is type R and comparing rock cd's I can tell no difference in the
copy compared to the original (of course I could not tell much if any difference
with the 510 and ATRAC 4.0).

Hope this helps.

-jts <Arlington, TX>