John Small wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 16:14:55 -0600, "Daryl O." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Best Buy hasn't had salespeople who worked on commission for nearly a
> >decade.  Obviously, their salespeople are doing a poor job communicating
> >that.

I know this semi knowledgeable but loser of a person (he is too lazy to get up and
go to work) who was hired as a manager at a new BB.  Also a young friend of mine
applied there, until he learned about the lack of commission.

This is in upscale Plymouth Meeting, PA.  They were offering their sales people
about $7.50 an hour!!!  While just down the road, Home Improvement is paying
between $9 and $10 an hour for the cashiers (and that was 2 years ago, when my
daughter worked there until she found a real job).  So I know that sales people at
BB don't get commissions and don't even get decent pay.

>   I do recall a day not all
> that long ago that CC was a pleasure to visit.  I'm not sure exactly what
> happened, but something clearly did.

They don't pay much commission any longer.  That doesn't help.