Ipoly asked,

| Does anybody know is it possible to create a digital copy from a CD-R that
| has been made with an audio CD-Writer (digital copy from a CD)?  I think,
| SCMS will prevent this, right?

Yes, SCMS will prevent that.  Component audio recorders obey SCMS the same
way MD recorders do.  Retail CDs are generally SCMS-penultimate, so the
first-generation copy (if made by digital transfer) would be SMCS-final,
and you'd have to circumvent SCMS to make a second-generation copy.

If you rip and burn through a computer, though, SCMS will be ignored.  Com-
puter sound files do not include SCMS information.  The burning software will
have to set the SCMS bits somehow, but it will still write the track, and the
setting it picks for the SCMS bits will be independent of the SCMS status of
the CD track from which the file was ripped.