It depends if the CDR deck supports SCMS or not (most
do).  It also depends if the CDR was made digitally or
not.

SCMS is one reason I will never buy a standalone CDR
deck because you cannot edit the CDR to put in track
marks if the auto track marking scheme "misses" a track
mark.  (Whereas with MD you can :D)

If you have an SCMS killer you can make a digital copy
as long as you have separate CD and MD decks.

Josh