Greetings,

There's been lots of questions to the list over the years about how to
provide an optical S/PDIF connection from a PC to a MiniDisc. Here's one
answer: I'm selling my Hoontech ST128 DDMA PCI card w/ optical bracket. It
works great under Win98. It's supported under 95, ME , NT4, and Linux. It's
NOT supported too well under Win2K. (I can personally vouch for this! Tough
luck for me...)  That's why I'm selling it.

It has all the usual features of sound cards these days: 16 and 20-bit
sound, downloadable MIDI firmware, more mixers, equalizers, and effects
processors than I ever figured out how to use, 4-speaker sound, noise
reduction software, AND the holy grail; optical TOSlink and coax for direct
PC digital out to MiniDisc. It takes 1 PCI slot but TWO spaces on the back
of your system. (I suppose you could just let the optical bracket just hang
there if you could figure out a way to get the optical/coax cable out. If
you do this, be prepared for a well deserved and sarcastic "Hey! You install
this yourself?" from friends.)

I have all the manuals, CDs, cables and giblets that came with it. You can
download the drivers from Hoontech if you need the Linux or ME versions.
(You can download the Win2K versions too but let me save you a little
time...).

So I'm looking for $90US for the whole deal. (I can't sell just the optical
bracket...sorry.)

E-mail me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] if interested.

Thanks (and sorry if you feel spammed),
glenn