I own a JVC XM-R70, which ever since I bought it have not had one single
complaint. In anyway, when I listen to a MD without skipping around too
much, I notice that the md starts playing the desired track. Then it reads
like crazy for say 10 seconds. Then suddenly it stops all mechanical
movement completely (while the music is still playing). It continues to play
music for a while (+/- 30 seconds), then it spins up again for a while, then
shuts down again. This continues for the duration of the disc. The unit also
has a built in 40 second anti-shock. Does this mean the unit buffers more
than 40 seconds, maybe like even 1:30, and only spins up when it needs more
data? (While keeping a anti shock buffer as well).

Can anybody shed some light on this. Is this a standard procedure on all MD
recorders?

Gerard Naude
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]