From:   John Small [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, 1 March 2001 1:46
To:     Cramb, Kevin
Subject:        Re: sec: unclassified: MD: JB940

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:50:37 +1100, "Cramb, Kevin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The coax digi in is a real feature for me as I have an
>old high end CD player without optical output

Same here ... a PS Audio Lambda II going into an external DAC.  However what
do now is use the optical output from a Philips 950 CD-RW music deck to the
940
optical in.   However I most certainly want all the correct input and output
options in place.  Components change!

It is interesting to note that there's a much wider bandwidth on the coax
than
the optical input.  I don't give it much thought when going to MD, tho
perhaps a
test is in order.

>The time machine sounds interesting too.  You refer to
>time shifting, is that the time machine function?  I will try the LP modes
>and see if I like them.

Yes, the time record function.  Requires an external timers ... $25-30 from
Radio Shack.

-jts <Arlington, TX>