I have an MZ-R50.  I am very happy with it, but one thing bugs me.  If I record
with a microphone, both headphones and line out work fine.  If I record via
line in (hook it up to the headphones jack on my cd player) then the headphones
play clearly, but line out is slightly garbled.

Another way of putting it is that if I want to record a cd for later playback
through the headphones, I will choose a direct audio line in.  If I want to
record a cd for later playback through line out, I get better results by putting
a microphone in front of a speaker and playing the cd out loud.  This baffles
me, since it uses the same jack for mic and line-in.

Is this some sort of weird copy protection, or what?

-Adam