"David W. Tamkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Mike advised Andrew,
>
>| Reconfigure your AOL email to not sent HTML mail.  If you're
>| not sure how to do that, contact AOL support.
>
>They won't tell you, or so I've heard. A customer has a page in his
>area at <http://members.aol.com/adamkb> that explains how to send
>plain text mail with AOL 6.0. It's a two-part procedure, one part
>needing to be done only once as setup and the other to be done for
>every message that to be sent in plain text.

VERY unfortunately, this is entirely true. AOL 6 does not support plain
text email (in other words, TRUE email). I know this first-hand because
we spent many hours trying to solve this problem with AOL support people.
I run several large (thousands of members) mailing lists, and this is a
royal pain. Many people (some say still a majority) do not use email
clients that can read HTML or "styled" email. And if a list has a digest
mode, even if they do it may not work on the digest.

>Perhaps a simpler way is to avoid AOL's mail client and use their webmail at
><http://aolmail.aol.com>.  From there one can send plain text easily.

That does work, thankfully.