> but if i were looking into that sort of thing, i'd just invest in a
> quality soundcard with optical out. this usb thing looks a little
> shady. and i've used one (not the digital usb, but analog) and it's not
> all that. go with a soundcard with optical out and i think you'll be
> happier.

If the only thing you'd need the new soundcard w/ optical out for is the
optical out then I'd recommend the Xitel DG-1 (the digital usb transfer
thingy). I have one, it's pretty nice, really eazy to set up and all
that jazz and quite simple to use. I don't use it all that much (I have
cd players w/ digital out and a cd-r, and on my current 26.4kbps
connection I don't download tons of mp3s) but for what it's used for it
works very well, and surely not "shady" in the least bit. Most sound
cards w/ digital out (as far as I've heard) will not automatically
record track marks unless you set it up for the 2 or 3 seconds of
silence between tracks, so beware buying a cheap soundcard just because
it has digital out.

--
-Nicholas Christ
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]