On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:51:01 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  At 21:47 28/03/2001 +0000, Chad Gombosi wrote:
>
>  [dvd to MD copying]
>  >In other words, just make an analogue copy.
>
>  Alternatively, go into your player's setup menu and change the digital
>  format from DD5.1/DTS to PCM Stereo. The MD recorder should cope with it
fine.

And it does just fine, or at least I have not had any problems making
digital copies of DVD soundtracks using the digital out from my DVD player,
to the digital in to a Minidisc deck. As Simon rightly says, the settings
for the digital signal need changing to PCM (normally set to bitstream on
mine, as input to my AV amp). Never had any issues yet, nor any SCMS issues,
that I've heard some people mention (in other discussions).

Neil