This email was delivered to you by The Free Internet,
a Business Online Group company. http://www.thefreeinternet.net

I got my components to do my cd-rom to minidisc unit, and finally, about 4
hours later i got done (although I did spend and hour and a half at my
grandma's for dinner, so its really about 2 hours and a half).

I had got all the components together, yet it wouldn't work at all. I was a
little peeved at this point, thinking that my curse of the Electronic
Products lesson (it works for others, but never seems to for me, or at least
not until the week before the deadline for my circuit anyway) had returned,
but a while later I near enough gave up and was about to go online and ask
when I decided to have a look at the datasheet for the TOTX176, and
realised, as usual, that a supply voltage cannot travel through a ground pin
very well, in other words, the module was the wrong way round. I soon fixed
this, tried it, and (as the subject says) YOU BEAUTY! It aint perfect, but
for a first shot, with the only previous experience being a couple of
flashing LED circuits and a money counter (my coursework circuit for
Electronic Products). I am proud of it, and while may be only a prototype so
far (I may decide to start building and selling them if the demand is
enough), it works, and thats all that matters to me.

I will take a few pictures and do a site soon, but for the moment, just
imagine what toslink module pointing in the wrong direction, 2 resistors, a
capacitor, a few wires, and a bit of dodgy soldering looks like :-)

Stuart Howlette
"There are many questions in life, but is the right answer only correct
because the majority believe in it?"
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://minidisc.sphosting.com
http://minidisc.sphosting.com/personal/