| from what i understood(and its fairly rudimentary) there is RAM in the
| device which holds xseconds of sounds ...

Well, yes, Marc, that's the read-ahead I was talking about.

The impression I get of G-protection is that it's supposed to be a faster way
of getting the head back into position after a shock.  For example, just to
pull some numbers out of the air, the old ESP might need twelve seconds to
recover from a given blow, and thus a ten-second buffer would run out; but
G-protection might recover from the same blow in three seconds, so virtually
nothing could make G-protection use up a forty-second buffer.